With a $170 donation from longtime People’s Weekly World/Nuestro Mundo supporter John Gilman last week, Wisconsin World/Mundo readers reached their goal of raising $3,500 for the newspaper’s 2003 Fund Drive.
With the help of the Wisconsin district of the Communist Party USA, the Badger State will continue to raise money, going above and beyond $3,500.
We are aiming to raise $200,000 by Dec. 15. As the graphic on this page shows, we’re on our way, with over $54,000 turned in since the fund drive began on Labor Day.
Unfortunately, we are slightly behind the pace. We have to raise $13,333 a week to make $200,000 by Dec. 15.
You may have noticed or read about some changes we are making at the World. In the last year we have:
• opened a new editorial office in Chicago, and hired a new production and design team;
• named a new circulation manager, managing editor, labor editor and editor;
• enabled Tim Wheeler to return to D.C. as the World’s political correspondent;
• expanded Nuestro Mundo to three pages;
• brought you coverage of some of the main political and economic developments and issues affecting the labor and people’s movements, with a special edge on building unity to defeat the ultra-right Bush administration and its policies.
The feedback from readers and supporters has been positive. Now we need to turn that feedback into donations.
The $200,000 will help us increase circulation and advertising.
And this year we’ve made it easier to give. Readers can now donate by credit card, just like John Gilman did.
You can pick up the phone Tuesday through Friday, between noon and 6 p.m., Eastern time, to call in a credit card donation. Call Jen Barnett, circulation manager, at (212) 924-2523, extension 363, during those hours.
Or you can fill out the coupon below and send it with your check to 235 W. 23 St., New York, NY 10011.
Do it today!